4-Alarm Fire Burns Maine Nightclub


Photostory

The fire occurred at the Galaxy Night Club at 10 East Grand Ave., the last street before the ocean.

The building was wood construction measuring 75x50 and was two stories. It was built in 1931 and didn't have sprinklers inside. (Since 2007 a state law change requires all exisiting bars and nightclubs with occupancy over 100 to install sprinklers on or before Sept 3, 2012.)

Mutual aid to the fire came from Saco, Biddeford and Scarborough. Goodwins Mills provided station coverage. The building was a total loss.

Related Content


4-Alarm Fire Burns Maine Nightclub

Photostory