Spartan Motors Redfines Leadership in Emergency Response
From: Spartan Motors
April 10, 2012 – Spartan Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAR) today announced the major building blocks of a global emergency response (ER) strategy that will serve as the foundation for Spartan’s continued growth in the North American and global marketplace.
“Emergency response is over one-third of our business and the second largest market we serve in North America.” says John Sztykiel, Spartan Motors president and chief executive officer. “Emergency response is a growth market. Domestically, the demand for ER services continues to increase commensurate with the underlying demographic forces. Globally, the demand for ER services is about infrastructure. As economies continue to progress and develop, the demand for ER services increases. Collectively, it is very much a growth market, so we are focused on expanding both our global presence and the scope of our domestic offerings.”
Spartan Motors (SMI) is supporting its global strategy with a range of actions, including:
- Execution of a shared strategic vision with the French company Gimaex – a like-minded OEM with an extensive technology portfolio and strong global business in the emergency response industry. “Our plan is to align the Spartan and Gimaex organizations, when appropriate, to ensure future growth,” said Sztykiel. “ER has become a growth market internationally, and we are now positioned to develop emergency response services and equipment to match burgeoning worldwide demand with increased speed and innovation, expanded product lines and global distribution points.”
- Expanding Spartan’s brand power and leveraging this asset to the continued benefit of Spartan Chassis’ OEM partners and their dealers. “Spartan Chassis already has the broadest lineup of custom chassis, and the technology and performance we offer will steadily grow, starting at FDIC,” said Sztykiel.
- Collaboration with Renault to develop new opportunities and products for the North American ER marketplace – such as the Spartan R XO cab/chassis, which boasts industry-best clearance and maneuverability.
- Promotion of Dennis Schneider to president of Spartan Motors’ Emergency Response business (presiding over Spartan ERV and Spartan Chassis), where he will expand the company’s North American and global presence.
- Accelerated new product development and continued investment: 13 new market-changing products / technologies will be showcased April 19-21 in Indianapolis, Ind., at FDIC, North America’s largest ER trade show. Examples include:
> Cab/Chassis: best-in-class safety system, the new cross-over concept chassis – the Spartan R XO – and other technologies
> Body/Apparatus: new class of aerial – Spartan’s Telstar – IPS (Intelligent Pump Solutions), industry-leading CAFS and other technologies
- Global consolidation of brands in the ER marketplace. The Crimson Fire brand will be replaced with Spartan ERV and all emergency response products will be branded Spartan in all geographies.
“Excellence always attracts excellence, and we’re proud our organization has been able draw the type of partners and associates that will ensure growth,” says Sztykiel. “This is about expansion, leveraging the global brand strength of Spartan and improving our efficiency as Spartan’s cost base will be reduced.”
From: Spartan Motors